How to Clean Out Your Garage – 5 Steps to a Clean Garage
Time to clean out your garage? We have some tips to help you get started.
It is no secret that it is easy to accumulate junk in your garage. That junk can include Christmas decorations, tools, yard equipment, moving boxes, and old keepsakes just to name a few. Are you wanting a clean garage that you can actually park your car in? Well, you have come to the right place! Here are some suggestions to help you get started.
- Take Everything Out – This may take a while but the first step is starting with a clean slate. We recommend that you check the weather forecast and plan to pull everything out of your garage. This way you can see what you have and take an account of what you want to keep and what you could do without. Don’t be clingy! If there are items that you haven’t seen in years and wouldn’t really miss, then put those in a donate or discard pile.
- Locate What Can’t Live Without – Let’s face it, there are some things in your garage that you actually want to keep. That may be your yard equipment, power tools, Christmas decorations and some boxes of keepsakes. Don’t worry, you can keep those! Just make sure that you put those aside so that they can be re-organized when you organize your garage after the clean-out.
- Have a Garage or Yard Sale – After you have decided what you want to keep, sell the rest. If you are going to pull everything out of your garage you might as well capitalize on it. Did you know that the average garage sale can net you between $500 and $1,000? You can put some extra money in your pocket just by pulling out old junk from your garage. Post the garage sale in a neighborhood Facebook group or page and promote it on your personal social media. This is a great way to make money on junk that you would just rather discard.
- Donate What You Can – After the garage sale you will likely still have items that are left over. Rather than throw away good clothes or items that can be reused, donate them! This not only benefits those who are less fortunate but donating items can be a tax write-off.
- Hire a Junk Removal Specialist – After you have sold what you can and donated the rest, we recommend hiring a professional junk removal team to remove the remaining items. This can include items like a trampoline or other large items that you can not move yourself. A professional will have the manpower and expertise to remove the items safely. Eagle Cleanup is here to do just that! Eagle Cleanup is a junk removal expert and has operated in the Dallas metroplex for over 38 years. Whether you are looking to remove old clothes, appliances, toys, or other junk from your garage our team has you covered! Our team of junk removal experts can help you clean out that garage or other space at home, giving you a fresh start. It starts with a quick phone call or you can text us a picture of your garage. From there we can give you an estimate.
What are you waiting for? Get your garage back and call us today for an estimate.